Saturday 28 April 2012

A Glamourous (Craft) Fair


Sorry I've been more than usually silent this week. I genuinely haven't been looking at my laptop, let alone responding to e-mails etc. Why? Because I've been manically busy! Today (Saturday 28th) is a milestone - in about 2 hours I will be in Islington's Library Bar setting up for A Glamourous Affair - my second ever craft fair. I'm a lot more calm and collected about this one - probably because it's in my own area and I don't have to trek across London to get there, but also because I still have lots of necklaces etc from the previous craft fair. In fact, I haven't actually made anything new for this one. Instead I have been working on making my stall look better. It didn't help that I got confirmation 2 days ago that I would be having a round table. A ROUND table? But my stall is set up for a rectangular one! Oh well, I'm just going to have to adapt.... What I have now got is bunting with Creating Trouble written on it, a mirror and some jewellery boxes. I had run out just before the last fair and hadn't realised until it was too late to order.



So why have I been so busy? Well, first of all, I am back at work with all the stresses that involves (getting up early etc!), secondly my social life seems to have gone into overdrive the last few weeks (in a good way: I've been very cultural and artistic!) and thirdly I have 2 commissions on the go, of which one of them is for 10 homemade bags. So I have been spending most of my time trying to get those done! I still have another week...

Anyway, off to do some last minute bits and get my gear ready. If you are around in Islington, please come along to the Library Bar from 12 - 5 and see what there is in store!

2 comments:

Liz Burton said...

Wow, what a busy bee!!

Good luck today, I'm sure you will be fab. I'd love to see some pics of the fair, it sounds amazing. x

Creating Trouble said...

Thank you! It sounds really great, and photos of the last one look fab too. The added bonus is that it's really close to me so I can get there quite easily - definitely cuts down the stress levels as the last fair I did was down in Balham - miles away! I'm quite looking forward to it, especially as there's a chance some of my friends might actually be able to come along and support.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...