Thursday 29 December 2011

Salt Dough Decorations


(OK it's a few days late...)

I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas with family, friends and loved ones around you. I had a really lovely Christmas and thought I would share some of the preparations with you. I'd been thinking about the whole 'wrapping' conundrum for a while now and had come to the conclusion that actually I am not a fan of wrapping paper - it only gets used once and is often flimsy and, dare I say it, a bit tacky.

So this year I decided it was brown paper and pretty ribbon for all of my presents. I was wondering how to spice it up a bit more and that's when I came across the Make It And Mend It website. Oh wow: I've a new obsession. There are so many things on there that I want to make now, now, now... so I guess you can predict some of the things you'll be seeing here for the next few months! I did, for the moment, limit myself to salt dough.



That's a lot of painting I had to do...!! But what do you think of the results? Despite the terrible white balance of the photo (sorry used my phone!) I think they are fabulous, even if I do say so myself...


I especially liked the gold and silver stars - I think I'll be making more of those in future! Anyway, they added a nice touch to this year's presents, along with some candy canes to set off the whole thing. I liked the idea that the wrapping was all part of the present too - everyone now has a number of salt dough decorations that they can use on their tree next year (if they want!) 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...