Saturday 30 July 2011

Being a Grown-Up Crafter...

Do you consider yourself a 'grown-up'? I've been a teacher for nearly 9 years in total and yet I still don't think of myself as an adult. When kids say 'miss' it's fine, when they say 'Miss Phillips' I get a little freaked out. But I am beginning to come to terms with being a proper grown-up and have taken some steps into adulthood: I now have my own business cards! Yes, I know most people have had them for, like, ever but I've always thought of them as being what proper adults have and I have never really thought that I am a proper adult. But as my craft sales are beginning to take off and my printer doesn't like me very much, it seemed about time to get some. Actually I didn't - the lovely Andy designed and bought them for me. THANK YOU!
I was soooo excited when I opened these for the first time I nearly clapped my hands like a little girl (see I TOLD you I haven't grown up yet!) Aren't they great?


Now that I've got my business cards, I guess I really should start getting busy for a craft fair or some more Etsy sales. Please feel free to look at my etsy store and take your pick!  

But before I can prepare for a craft fair there is something I need to get on with first. Remember all that material I bought? Well it's been going to good use here at Creating Trouble HQ... It's time to reveal part II of the grand project. This bit is looking a little more complete and I guess that some of it is beginning to take shape. Can you guess what the whole piece is going to be yet? 

6 comments:

Kate said...

Your cards look great! Isn't Moo awesome?

PoetessWug said...

YAY!! You're all grown up!! ^_^ And they're really nice looking business cards too!! Perfectly YOU!!

Ange said...

Business cards always make things official, don't they? You are a grown-up but don't ever forget the fun & innocence of your youth. That's what will keep you feeling spry and fresh when the going gets tough and the adult world becomes far too serious. I LOVE the quilt work you do! Congratulations on the higher success you are enjoying with your craft sales. xoxo Ange

Art and Sew Forth said...

How fun! I have gotten business cards in the past year, but must admit that I forget to put them in orders. And since I always seem to be adding new shops, I only have cards for half my shops. Oh well. I guess I am half grown up!

Ana Goncalves said...

Loving your business cards, well done on creating them! Moo is the best. I also have mine from there, alongside other products.
All the best to you and your shop, and thanks so much for the feature, was great to be here.

marci said...

I love your business cards! And I totally get what you mean about not feeling like a grown up. ;)


I love the fabric you chose! Pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...