Thursday 12 May 2011

Some Kreativ Kids!

Back in December I posted about a quilt that the children in my year group had made as a leaving present for our head. It's posted here if you've forgotten it: http://www.creatingtrouble.co.uk/2010/12/sewing-with-children.html
Well in D&T last term our topic was SLIPPERS. Now I've never made a pair of slippers, but actually this was a really fun topic and my kids absolutely loved doing it. They all used the same basic template and materials but the rest of the design was totally up to them. I'm so proud of what they have achieved and thought I'd share some of them with you. How funky are these slippers? 

The first pair of slippers to be finished...

Little love hearts.

Meticulously sewn flowers with great attention to detail

Shame I didn't get a clear photo but pompoms on white flowers - FABULOUS!
CUTE little dog faces on these - with ears and sticking-out tongues!

Cute! Teddy bear faces...

I LOVE the monster feet!

So what do you think? I think I have some very talented children in my class. And I should point out that the first and last pairs are being modelled by the boys that made them. Who said that sewing is for girls? 

2 comments:

Creating Trouble said...

They are aren't they?!

Creating Trouble said...

Thank you to everyone who commented on this. Blogger had a bit of a hitch and this post was lost for a while - luckily it's back but the comments are not. They were much appreciated though!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...