Monday 18 April 2011

Etsy weekend


    This weekend has been quite fun - British Sellers on Etsy hosted a BNR - that is, a 'Buy aNd Replace'. The general idea is that you buy something from someone in the treasury and once you post your transaction, one of your items from your shop is picked to replace it. I actually didn't have to buy into this one - I was already featured as I joined right at the very end of an old BNR and was rolled over. Here is what the preview of the BNR looked like:
My round glass pendant necklace is featured in this!

You don't have to buy one of the items featured in the treasury - you can get anything from one of the shops. The whole idea is to generate some sales, meet some new designers / makers and you can also join in the discussion / chat. I was bought out on Saturday - someone bought my red polka dot card - hurray!


As we didn't manage to go on our long bike ride this weekend, I ended up spending an awful lot of time chatting on the BNR page and getting tempted by all the goodies. Eventually I gave up resisting and bought a pendant from www.etsy.com/shop/trinketsnpearls which I think I am going to give as a gift to someone... (who's now wondering if they are that person?!) And of course, that meant that I was back in the BNR... 

And guess what? I had another sale! I listed this blue bunny bag on Etsy but said I could make it in other colours as well - and it was bought with a note requesting it to be in green. So guess what I am doing today? Yup, I'm making a green bunny bag... 


It's a bit of bunny mania here because I am also making a new pink bunny bag as that ALSO got sold this weekend - how good is that? I am actually really excited by all these sales. I think it's because I had just started getting disheartened by everything - fortune has looked down on me and decided to make me feel better! All my sold items have been re-listed as I either have more in stock but hadn't listed or am all excited about making new ones!! You can look through some of my items that are for sale here: www.etsy.com/shop/creatingtrouble or if you see something on my blog that you like the look of, please just contact me through the 'Contact Creating Trouble' e-mail form.

This month's Artist's Feature has been slightly delayed due to my artist moving house - you can take a sneak preview at her work on her website though: www.kittyphillips.co.uk and hopefully there will be her feature up in the next few days...

And please don't forget that I am giving away a mosaic pendant when Creating Trouble's blog reaches 100 followers... so spread the word! 

4 comments:

PoetessWug said...

I'm glad to hear that the BNR worked for you. I never had any good fortune doing that. I guess my crochet items weren't what people were looking for. :-) who doesn't need, and can't use, a card though!! I'm so happy for all of your sales. And keep up the good work too! ^_^

Creating Trouble said...

Thank you! I'm quite excited that Creating Trouble is finally getting off the ground...!

Rebecca's Emporium said...

It's so nice to get a "behind the scenes peek" at my new bag :)
Hehe, I can't wait to see it! I love your bags!

Creating Trouble said...

I hope you like it...!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...