Friday 29 April 2011

As there have been a few bank holidays going on recently, we decided to go on a long bike ride to Oxford last weekend. We cycled down to Waterloo where we got a train over to Richmond and started along the number 4 national cycle route. It was a gorgeous day and we had an amazing time. I took a few photos and thought I'd let them speak for themselves...

 

Can you spot Windsor castle?




Most of the route was really pretty like this country lane...


...and the bluebell woods were stunning! They didn't really come out on camera...



Sadly those were all the photos I got. I finished the journey by air ambulance as an incredibly steep hill near Ipsden saw me fall off head first. 30 stitches in my face, broken collar bone and nose and stitches in elbow, knee and thumb... I may be silent on here for a while as I can't really write (only have the use of half a hand) so please excuse me!

6 comments:

PoetessWug said...

WOW!! :-( Please take care of yourself!! I'm surprised you even took the time to post this blog!! I'm glad you did though. The photos are beautiful!!...Get well!!!

Anthea said...

Beautiful pictures :) Hope you make a rapid recovery! Get lots of rest and take it easy x

Creating Trouble said...

Thank you!

Silvia said...

Ack! That is nasty. Wishing you a fast recovery and take it easy

Creating Trouble said...

Thank you - I'm already doing MUCH better!

marci said...

These pictures are gorgeous! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...