Saturday 22 January 2011

Work in progress...

I haven't posted on here for a few days or so. It's been a busy busy week and there have been all sorts of reasons why not to post. We went to an awesome comedy night, have been on a few cycling courses, went for a swim, then dinner, then drinks... etc etc etc. Of course I am just full of excuses really!

Actually one of the reasons why I haven't posted is because I've been working on lots of things. I have just finished a new Kindle cover - in blue this time, which will be in my Etsy store soon (www.etsy.com/shop/creatingtrouble).

And then while working on that, I started thinking about making patchwork a little easier, and so my latest project was born: Lellie the Ellie - a felt patchwork elephant! She seems to have taken on a character already despite being 'new-born'; I thought I'd take a photo of her doing what I believe she does best - hiding behind things trying to creep up on people and play jokes on them.  Because she is patchwork, she's different on each side - she has more spots near her ears on her right.

She's hiding behind my other project of the week. I got out my glass for the first time since moving to the new flat and made a small drinks coaster with a heart in the centre. It isn't grouted yet - I want to have a few more things ready before I start grouting, so you're getting work in progress. But it has inspired me to go and order lots of things from www.mosaictraderuk.com which I am excitedly looking forward to arriving...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that elephant is so cute, definately worth the wait :)

Creating Trouble said...

Thank you! I might make her a sister / brother next week...!

PoetessWug said...

I love Lellie the Ellie! The patchwork is so cute. My mind can see her in so many colors already! Have fun with it. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...