Monday 22 November 2010

Mid-November

Moving is stressful and more than anything else, exhausting. I am absolutely shattered. Which is why I am up at 11pm writing a blog post. Doh!

We've moved in, have been to IKEA, bought shed loads of stuff and have even put all our new flat-pack furniture together. It's taken a week and we are now almost settled in the new place. I absolutely LOVE our flat - huge space spread over two floors, big sash windows etc etc. I would put up a photo... except my camera is still not uploading properly.

We did our first proper entertaining last night - 9 of us had a great roast dinner. I have never cooked for so many before and found the concept of putting 2 chickens in the oven, not having enough space for potatoes and being uncertain of whether we can actually fit the veggies in, quite disconcerting. However it all went off swimmingly, Andy made some awesome stuffing which was very festive and has put us all in the Christmas mood.

In the meantime, I now have a beautiful desk for all my artsy-craftsy projects, the kit is all arranged around and all that is lacking is the time in which to actually do something. My next project is going to be sewing together a quilt as a present for our head teacher - he's leaving at the end of this term and the kids in my year group have been busy little bees making squares for a quilt. It is all a bit unplanned and will probably look terrible when it's finished but I have high hopes. At least the kids are all managing to get the idea of sewing which is a good start. Although if I have to thread one more needle or cast on/off too many more times...

For now though, I think it may be time for bed. zzzzz

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...